Oakhurst Baptist Church
Friday, May 24, 2013
... the church for the whole family ... with your family on our hearts!
828 West Second Street, Clarksdale, Mississippi 38614; Office: 662-624-8551; Prayer Line: 662-624-8553; Christian Activities Center: 662-624-5429; Fax: 662-624-8036
Christian Activities Center
The Activities Ministy
Purpose: to provide opportunities for evangelism and ministry through fellowship, recreation, and wellness related activities in a Christian atmosphere for families and individuals of all ages.
The objective for the Activities Ministry are to provide ...
1. Outreach opportunities for the lost and unchurched
2. Activities that will develop growth and maturity among the participants
3. A means of restoring inactive members
4. A place to put Christianity into action
5. Programs that challenge people to godliness by example and expectations
6. Programs that teach participants new recreation skills for increased enjoyment and health
The purpose of the Francis K. Horton Christian Activities Center Ministry of OBC is to ...
1. Maintain the public worship of God
2. Promote Christian education
3. Exalt the standard of Christian living
4. Cooperate in spreading the Gospel and extending the Kingdom of God throughout the world
5. Promote and maintain Christian fellowship
6. Witness to the saving power of Jesus Christ
7. Preach and teach His message of salvation
The Christian Activities Center (CAC) offers a walking track, an exercise room, a racquetball court, a full court gymnasium that can be used for basketball, volleyball and skating/roller blading, a game room that offers ping-pong, pool and foosball, a grill with eating area and several meeting rooms.
It is available to the OBC membership for private birthday parties and showers on Saturday mornings only from 9:00 a.m.–noon with no reservations taken for the months of November and December each year, with limited availability in June. By advance reservation, call church office at 662-624-8551 for rules/regulations/details. All evenings and Saturday afternoon and Sundays are reserved for churchwide use only.
CAC Operating Hours:
1:00–4:00 p.m. (Senior Adult Ladies Weekly Fellowship)