Oakhurst Baptist Church
Saturday, May 18, 2013
... the church for the whole family ... with your family on our hearts!
828 West Second Street, Clarksdale, Mississippi 38614; Office: 662-624-8551; Prayer Line: 662-624-8553; Christian Activities Center: 662-624-5429; Fax: 662-624-8036
Calendar of EventsAPRIL
• Senior Adult Rally, FBC Batesville, 9:30 AM–lunch, rally and lunch $7, reservations by April 1
• State Bible Drill in Batesville
• Business meeting, 7 PM
• High School Senior Recognition Day during the morning worship hour followed by a luncheon
• "Hagar, Life in the Desert" women's luncheon — 10 AM–noon, CAC, lunch served. Register in the church office or call Dianne at 624-8551 by May 1. Sponsored by the OBC Women's Ministry.
• Mother's Day
• Senior Adult Week
• Banquet on May 18, 6 PM, fellowship hall
• Senior Adult Day on May 19
• Memorial Day, church offices and CAC closed
• Peru mission trip. If you would like to sponsor a team member, call the church office at 624-8551.
• VBS, 8 AM–noon, preschool–grade 6 (just completed)
• We will continue to gather items for Operation Christmas Child during April, May and June. We are collecting donations of T-shirts, sandals (flip-flops), toys, coloring books and stuffed animals. Also needed are plastic shoe boxes with lids. Anyone desiring to donate money, please put on your gift that it is for Operation Christmas Child and drop in the offering plate. Contact Andrea Norris if you have questions.
• Prayerful Threads — Extending their ministry to assist our OBC senior adult (55 and up) members. If you have minor repairs (missing buttons, hemming, etc.) that you need done, this group would love to help you. Call Martha at 902-3908 or Helen at 609-1700.