Oakhurst Baptist Church
Wednesday, May 22, 2013
... the church for the whole family ... with your family on our hearts!
828 West Second Street, Clarksdale, Mississippi 38614; Office: 662-624-8551; Prayer Line: 662-624-8553; Christian Activities Center: 662-624-5429; Fax: 662-624-8036
Dr. Clif Springer (Bro. Clif)
Three grown children:
• Allison Hoskins (husband, Chuck)
• Four daughters
• Serve in Brazil w/IMB
• Jeremy Springer (wife, Shonna)
• Two daughters
• Police Officer, Bartlett, TN
• Stuart Springer (wife, Laura)
• One son
• Worship Leader, Indian Springs Baptist Church, Bryant, Ark.
Bro. Clif ...
• Comes to us from First Southern Baptist Church, Bryant, AR
• Doctor of Ministry, Covington Theological Seminary
• Master of Theology, Mid-America Baptist Theological Seminary
• Bachelor of Arts, Ouachita Baptist University
• Graduate of Little Rock Central High School
• Has had extensive seminar and conference training over the years
• Has had additional ministry experiences in Association work, the community, and teaching in different venues
• Member of Executive Board, Arkansas Baptist State Convention
• Operation Hope
• Has served as Chaplain for Life Choices (a pro-life ministry in Memphis, TN)
• Mission Trips - over the years has actively participated in numerous mission trips/activities
Bro. Clif receives accolades from those he has encountered and served with over the years. He is a strong administrator who is totally dedicated to the Lord, his family, and the ministries of his church. There is no doubting the sincerity of his heart. Called to the ministry while he was in college, he grew up at Immanuel Baptist Church in Little Rock, Ark., where he met Brenda. God confirmed his call to the ministry as he began to preach at various churches while a college student. Bro. Clif has been heavily involved in mission projects over the past five years and looks to continue that involvement. Many have told him that he does not belong in his own generation and he takes that as a compliment. Bro. Clif further states that the commissioning of the New Testament church is not to keep people comfortable with old styles and habits, but to make disciples, baptize them and teach them to do all the things Jesus said to do!